Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 15 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE MARKETPLACE TEAM
The Marketplace team is responsible for building products, capabilities and algorithms that drive utilization and efficiency of the Careem platform. The team is primarily focusing on areas around dispatching, peak and dynamic pricing, and ETA .
The objective of this team is to create reliable experiences for our customers and captains while maximizing the potential of our platform with a view to bringing mass offerings to our markets.We build advanced systems and algorithms that enable us to make intelligent real-time decisions based on demand and supply predictions, AI and Machine Learning.
We are constantly addressing the challenges posed by our massive scale and exponential growth. Join the Marketplace if you want to work with brilliant colleagues and solve complex problems to improve the life of millions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of the Associate Product Manager - Marketplace, Dispatching is to drive the conceptualisation, development and roll-out of scalable dispatching capabilities with support and guidance from other Product Managers. The products are used to match customers with service providers on the platform in the most optimal manner. You will work closely with engineers, data scientists and key stakeholders in the company to understand the market and break down complex problems as well as collaborate with the team to implement innovative solutions that drive business impact. This role requires a strong technical understanding and excellent analytical skills combined with commercial intuition of how the Dispatching products can deliver value to the business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE :-
- Manage the product lifecycle from quarterly planning to feature roll out. Identify, conceptualise and develop new products as well as iterate on existing products.
- Support in implementation of projects such as company-wide go-to-market plans while ensuring timely delivery of projects in collaboration with other departments.
- Understand the need of our markets and keep pace with industry trends to prioritize and deliver solutions.
- Continuously identify and implement improvements to the current working practices to ensure quality and speed of product delivery.
- Track team KPIs/targets: report to relevant stakeholders and recommend actions.
- Define hypotheses, implement end-to-end experiments and create analyses resulting in data- driven conclusions and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Prior product management experience.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, delivering highly successful and innovative products.
- Passion for building world-class products and services.
- Ability to get hands-on and catalyze decision making in a complex operational environment.
- Eagerness to learn and innovate.