OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS SOMEONE WHO IS :-
- Effective in communicating with team members and has experience using email, Slack and multiple communication channels.
- Comfortable and productive working in a distributed team environment and has had some prior experience as a remote employee.
- Comfortable working in an agency and client-services-focused environment.
- Understands while you are not an Army of One, you are responsible for work assigned to you.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS with a focus on cross-browser support.
- Very familiar with wp-admin.
- Strong in your understanding of WordPress-specific PHP.
- Able to turn Sketch or PSD files into a WordPress theme.
- Understands that everything has a next step and looks ahead, thinking about the next person who touches the code, document, or trouble ticket.
- Experienced using tools for distributed teams, such as Git, Github, Composer, CircleCI.
It takes time to learn something well, so we would expect that ideally you have:
- 3+ years developing (not just working in it) custom solutions using WordPress. In that time, you would have gained.
- Proficiency in PHP development.
- Command-line MySQL experience.
This is a development position, so code is involved.
- Be ready to review some examples of effective solutions that you created.
- Be ready to discuss them, to talk about them. Walk us through your thought processes. What worked, what didn’t work, etc.
- Be ready to talk about how long it took to create the solutions. How off was the time it took from the original estimate?
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
The Autonomy :- We’re not looking for order-followers. You’ll be given responsibility and flexibility to make your own decisions.
The Balance:- Crowd Favorite isn’t a boiler room. We’d generally rather you work effectively and take time to recharge.
The Favoriteers:- You’ll be part of a real team. We’re a tight-knit group that respects and supports each other. You’ll know your team has your back - one for all and all for one!